To many Cotswold families, the PTA can be confusing. Consider this a quick tutorial to help you understand how the PTA works.
The PTA consists of any parent, staff member, or friend who registers to be a member of the NCPTA and pays the $5 yearly fee.
Mission Statement: The Cotswold PTA enhances the physical, social, emotional and educational development of the children of our school.
The PTA Board of Directors is made up of the elected officers, including the President, Executive Vice President, Tresurer, Secretary and five Vice Presidents of standing committes. Elections are held in the spring for the next school year. Ms. Hash and a teacher representative also serve on the Board of Directors. Board of Director Meetings cover PTA business including the PTA budget, policies, fundraising, committee reports, and the PTA calendar.
• The Board of Directors meets the last Friday of the month at 9:30am.
• All elected Board Members are required to attend, but it is open to anyone.
The PTA Volunteer Board is made up of Committee Chairs for more than 40 PTA activities. You can find a list of the committees on the PTA website.
• The Volunteer Board meets quarterly.
• All Cotswold parents and PTA volunteers are welcome to attend for updates on PTA events and news and how they can help.
• Staff provide brief updates about how the PTA is impacting classroom success.
• PTA Committee Chairs are expected to attend volunteer meetings.
General PTA Meetings are often paired with another activity, such as Curriculum Night or student performances. Attendance is encouraged for all Cotswold families.
• General PTA meetings are once a quarter, at 7pm.
• At some meetings, the PTA hosts the popular Meet & Eat starting at 6pm.
• At the May meeting, the General PTA elects the PTA Executive Board for the following year.
Ms. Hash’s Morning Chat (a.k.a Principal’s Coffee) is your chance to sit down with Mrs. Hash and other parents and ask questions, find out information that is happening at school and within CMS, and learn more about the school’s philosophy and plans.
• Chats are held once a quarter at 9:45am in the Parent Center.
We hope this brief tutorial helps you understand where you fit in at Cotswold. We hope you will become a PTA member and volunteer to share your presence and talents with the school.