Dear Cougar Families:
On behalf of the Cotswold PTA we would like to welcome each of our families back to school and extend a warm welcome to all of the new families joining our school.
Our school is rich with a staff that has depth and breadth of knowledge and students eager to learn. In addition, our school has a strong group of parents, loved ones & members of the local business community committed to supporting our school. Our PTA supplies the school with countless hours of volunteer time doing things like tutoring, mentoring, proctoring and chaperoning class trips. The PTA has also been instrumental in connecting with our extended student families and local business partners to raise money used for enrichment opportunities. Some of these opportunities include field trips for students, extensive trainings for staff members and additional educational and technological supplies (large and small) for the school.
We hope to continue these efforts this school year with your help! We have many ways to volunteer, no matter if you have one free hour at home or several hours during the school day to volunteer at the school. Our school and our students are stronger because of you. We want to make sure you are connected from day one:
- New this year our traditional Cougar Bites newsletter, which is a great resource for everything PTA, will be delivered via MySchoolAnywhere.com. This new service is also replacing our printed directory, which was both time consuming and not cost efficient. MySchoolAnywhere.com will be the PTA’s primary form of communication going forward- you control how much of your information is shared and it is very secure- sign up! Please visit join.myschoolanywhere.com and enter the code COUGARMSA.
- Visit the Cotswold PTA website cotswoldpta.org. This site provides important contact information, dates to remember, helpful hints to navigate being a newcomer, and important web links.
- “Like” us on Facebook and receive updates and notifications through social media.
- Join the PTA and attend quarterly Volunteer Meetings. Meet other families who are involved at Cotswold, get involved with a committee and provide people power for school activities. Our first volunteer meeting will be held Sept. 6 at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. The New Parent Dinner will precede this meeting at 5:30 pm for all our new families!
- Attend PTA General Meetings, also held four times a year. Our first meeting, scheduled for Sept. 15. will include a Curriculum Night and the opportunity to meet your child’s teacher and learn more about a typical school day. The PTA meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. in the gym.
- Re-link your Harris Teeter VIC Card to Cotswold Elementary, #1772. The card must be re-linked every year after August 1, and this can be completed during check out. The school receives 2% of your purchases when you buy participating Harris Teeter brand items. Also, smile.amazon.com will donate a portion of all amazon.com purchases back to our school.
We look forward to serving with you during the 2016-17 school year. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further questions or concerns.
Thank you in advance,
Stacy Beard, PTA President, email@example.com
Ali Hoce, PTA Executive Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org