Yes- being thankful at Thanksgiving is cliché. Too bad.
As a PTA we have numerous tasks that happen behind the scenes every month that make the school a better place. Here is a quick by no means all-encompassing list of people I am quite thankful for this Thanksgiving season:
- Melissa Jones for changing the marquee more than it has ever been changed in the past
- Sarah Paone for making sure our staff feels recognized and appreciated
- Libby Barksdake for the gargantuan task of Lost and Found on these cold in the morning warm in the afternoon days (label your kids’ jackets please!!!)
- Kelly Catanese for all her work with Room Parents and so much more
- Leslie Hunt who collects the box tops & manages our kickback donations at the Teeter
- Kristen Hendrix for getting Cougar Bites out EVERY week
- Carrie Torres for coordinating the teacher grants
- Alicia Roberts for managing all our website and social media posts
- Linda Kroha for going to school DAILY to fulfill the Treasurer responsibilities (and for our taxes!)
- Stacy Beard for auditing all Linda’s hard work each month & reconciling our finances
- All our mentors, tutors and media center volunteers
THANK YOU! Our school is a better place because of you!
A big thank you to to everyone who has donated to Commit to Cotswold! The PTA was able to fund the 5th grade trip to Camp Hanes, the 4th grade pottery event, flex seating in classrooms, a field trip for our hearing impaired students to see a Santa who signs, “Developed Skilled Readers & Writers” books for all of 2nd grade, and craft supplies for Spanish classes this month.
Thanks to Katie Santospago and all the pie makers, pie buyers and pie deliverers for getting our staff stocked with pie before the Thanksgiving break! We had so many pies we were able to give to our bus drivers and staff at Billingsville as well!
Our PTA volunteer meeting this month was used for an information session with CMS area superintendent TaraLynn Sullivan on November 29th. Thank you to the forty plus parents in attendance. Our final General PTA meeting of 2017 is tonight at 6pm in the gym- look forward to seeing another Carpenter masterpiece as the 4th graders perform Carolina In My Mind. See you tonight!
Submitted by Ali Hoce