Thank you to everyone who participated in Reading Rocks this year!
We had 217 students submit their summer reading logs, with a total of 4,048 books read! All the students who participated were invited to have popsicles on the playground Sept. 27.
Our grand prize was a bike from our generous sponsor Bike Source. In addition, four participating students from each grade won a $25 gift certificate to Toys and Co. (K-2) or Amazon (3-5), courtesy of the PTA. The winners were:
- Kindergarten – Evee Woods, Clarke Kennedy, Graham Buckley, Elsie Huneycutt
- First grade – Owen Lind, Scarlett MacIsaac, Harrison Biber, Vivian Webster
- Second grade – Destyni Schofield, Colin Miller, Charlotte Barcott, Anna Scaffidi
- Third grade – Mystie Shropshire, Adele Ford, Bella Hopkins, Brady Clutts
- Fourth grade – Sarah Campbell Carson, Julia Hazzard, Judah Lutz, Raines Stewart
- Fifth grade – Ayla Holoman, Kendall Holtzapple-Blanton, Eden Cartee, Ben Price
- Grand prize – Solomon Sang
Fun facts about Reading Rocks!
- Four students read 100 or more books – Zachary Sato, Avery Sanders, Graham Buckley and Evelyn Church.
- Twelve students read between 50 and 99 books – Lydia Hendrix, Annelise Conrad, Kendall Holtzapple-Blanton, Amelia Wagner, Alexa Geller, Molly Giffin, Harrison Biber, Priyanka Talbot, Emma Fogg, Robert Bolton, Dimitri Katsanes and Lily Fulghum.
- The most books read by one student was 103 (Zachary Sato).
- The grade with the most participants was 2nd grade.
- The class with the most participants was Ms. Jones (2nd grade).