At the conclusion of the 2012-2013 school year, the Cotswold PTA was able to up-fit every classroom with interactive whiteboard technology. Allocating funds from the Cotswold Auction, all educators now have access to new technology. You might notice these “chalkboards” look a bit different from the Smartboards in many classrooms. These “chalkboards” are called eBeams. Here’s how the eBeam Edge projection system stacks up to the Smartboard:
- Cost – eBeams are priced at $1200 while Smartboards range from $4,000 to $7,500
- Flexibility – “Permanently mounted interactive whiteboards are expensive, require educators to work within a predefined space and don’t allow for the use of dry erase markers.” We can use existing whiteboards with the compact eBeam system.
- The compact system can move from room-to-room if our campus expands to hold more Learning Cottages or if classroom assignment adjusts from year to year.
- The system is intuitive and can easily be calibrated after placement in a new classroom so that the educator is up and running within seconds.
- Like a Smartboard, content can be captured, saved, and projected for a future lesson.
For more information check out this link: http://www.e-beam.com/products/why-ebeam.html