When it comes to shopping for a good cause, Cotswold families and friends know what they’re doing.
During our November Community Partners fundraisers, we raised $1,224.27 for enrichment activities. It breaks down this way:
- $651.52 from Books-a-Million.
- $343 from Table 274.
- $229.95 from Toys & Co.
The money raised at Books-a-Million bought six Nooks for the Cotswold Media Center. That’s a big wish-list item for media specialist Ms. Harding, who will make the devices available to students. The remainder of the money raised will fund enrichment programs throughout the year.
This group of fund-raising events couldn’t have succeeded without many volunteer hours from Cotswold friends and family, including:
- Reading hour volunteers Mrs. Hash and Ms. Mullins.
- Art teacher Ms. Heine.
- Music teacher Mrs. Windsor.
- Craft hour volunteers from Girl Scout Troop #1356.
- Cotswold parents and Star Wars crew Tim Evers and Greg and Susie Wilcox.
- Yoga instructors from Y2Yoga and our own Friday Enrichment Club.
- Parent volunteers Sara Goguen, Meg Flanagan, Melissa Curlin, Wendy Wilson, Ross Saldarini, Katie Catron, Alicia Roberts, and Joe-Anne Saldarini.
And a special thanks to the following Community Partners for their support:
- Books-a-Million, which kept up a steady stream of hot coffee, cocoa and cookie samples throughout each event at the store, plus offered milk and cookies during reading hour and a gift certificate door prize.
- Chick-fil-A Cotswold, which brought along the cow, balloons and offered coupons for free milkshakes to attendees at the BAM event.
- Toys & Co., which offered 20 percent of purchases back to Cotswold during School Week.
- Table 274, which offered two gift certificates for door prizes at the BAM event plus opened their doors and hosted a “Date Night” that brought 15 percent back to Cotswold enrichment.
- Colwick Cleaners, which offered six gift certificates for door prizes at the BAM event.
- Poppy’s Bagels & More, which provided a gift certificate for a door prize at the BAM event.
- Mountain Khakis, which also offered a gift certificate for a door prize at the BAM event.