For many of us, Spring is nearly as busy as the Christmas season. Please take a minute in the middle of this hectic time to understand how the proposed County, State, and Federal cuts to education will affect your school. After $170 million in cuts in the past two years, CMS teachers and students are already suffering. To cut an additional $100 million will do damage that could take years to repair. We can ease that burden by using the property tax revaluation to generate significant new revenue for the school system. Please take a minute to let your County Commissioner know how you feel about this issue by sending a quick note to them. Several group “letter writing” events are planned in the area and you are encouraged to attend and meet other folks from Southpark area schools that feel the same way you do. Whether you have a kindergartener or an 11th grader in high school, these cuts will be deeply felt. Please take some time and let your commissioners know how you feel.
- Monday, May 2nd 11am-1pm: Nancy Falls’ house – 3415 Foxcroft Road – snacks provided!
- Thursday, May 5th 11am-1pm: Nancy Falls’ house – 3415 Foxcroft Road – snacks provided!
- Tuesday, May 10th 10am-12 noon: FABO – Tranquil Ct. on Selwyn Avenue – come have a cup of coffee and write a letter
- Tuesday, May 10th 6 pm-8pm: Petit Philippe Wine & Chocolate Bar – Tranquil Ct. on Selwyn Avenue
- Thursday, May 12th 6pm – 8pm: Brixx Pizza – 7814 Fairview Road – Take advantage of the cheese pizza and sandwich special for dinner